When team members lack trust in each other, it can be difficult to work collaboratively and achieve team goals.
One way to build trust within a team is to understand each team member's personality and management profile. By recognizing individual strengths and weaknesses, team members can better appreciate each other's contributions and work together more effectively.
Understanding personality and management profiles can also help to improve communication and reduce misunderstandings.
Here is one powerful exercise in understanding who is on your team and managing their strengths toward achieving common goals and keeping them motivated:
1. Run a session with your team. After explaining the DISC model, ask each of them to answer the following question based on DISC model
- How do I see myself?
2. Now ask everyone to assess other team members.
Give some time for self-observation:
- How do others see me?
3. Now ask everyone to go through the tests and write down the results.
- What does the DISC personality test say?
4. Discuss the following:
- How well do you know your team members' personalities?
- How well do they know you?
- How can this knowledge help you to work better with them?
- What would be your steps towards knowing them better?
Team members are often chosen just because they're available rather than for their strengths.
Good teamwork requires members who complement and balance each other's strengths.
If we assume that people tend to be better at doing things that they enjoy, managers need to understand each individual's preferences and profiles.
Sharing the Profile results with the team can help increase overall team understanding and unity, staff satisfaction, productivity, and retention.
I hope you found it helpful!
Whenever you're ready, there are 4 other ways I can help you:
1. Follow me on Linkedin to get daily tips on #agile, #team coaching, #scrum master growth, #agile leadership, #agilecoaching #culture
2. 💥Join our free community to taste our recipes to help you grow as an agilist and help your teams improve performance!
3. Join the Ultimate Team Performance Toolkit: a compound collection of 30 exercises, templates and strategies to measure and improve team dynamics and performance.
4. Join the Agile Team Coaching Program: A targeted coaching- facilitation system to help Scrum Masters and Agile Leaders to identify team hidden obstacles and turn those into a growth plan in 30-60 days.